May 25, 2005
 
bunny planet

with apologies to Rosemary Wells

Aleta took Blake to the babysitters this morning. He howled when she left. She was late for work.

By 10:30, first period had been going on for two hours.

Her second period class refused to listen to anything.

Before lunch, she overheard a co-worker make a sexually harassing comment to another female co-worker. Everyone else thought it was just a joke.

She left school early to pick up Blake. By the time she got back from the bank to pay the babysitter, Blake had been picked up by his grandfather.

When she tried to pick up her loan agreement, she found out the bank sent the papers to another location.

After she got home, Blake peed on her.

Aleta needs a visit to the Bunny Planet.

Far beyond the moon and stars / Twenty light-years south of Mars / Spins the gentle Bunny Planet, And the Bunny Queen is Janet.

”Aleta,” Janet says, “come in. Here’s the day that could have been…”


That’s as far as I got.

This is just a quick update to let everyone know that I’m alive. I was sick all through April and most of May; this put me hella-behind on my marking and freighted each of my days with a hearty helping of guilt. I’ve been making up a lot of lessons on the fly this month.

I’m better now. The weather’s mild. I take lots of ambles with the Blake (who distinguished himself this weekend by scribbling on an ungraded essay. He’s marking already! Ha! I think the best part was hearing his demonic chuckle when the Boy found him at “work.”) I got a lot done this weekend. I’ve developed a surprising addiction to “Sex in the City” reruns. I knit most of a teddy bear this weekend.

I think I’m almost ready to write again.

I’ll let you know.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 5/25/2005 07:59:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*