April 19, 2005
 
it's official...

…I’m ovulating again. Today I started menstruating for the first time in over two years. I have to say, I don’t like it. I’m sure I had this thought when I began menstruating, but it’s boring, messy & tiring with few fringe benefits. At least it gives me an excuse to bite my students’ heads off.

I continue to hang perilously on the edge of losing it altogether. I’ve marked 23 essays in the last 36 hours but such dizzying feats of sensitive criticism bring me no joy. Perhaps this is because I was offered neither of the two positions for which I applied. I think I’m genuinely happy for the girls who got jobs, but at the same time I wonder if I’m a crap teacher and the only reason I got a job in the first place was due to C. Thomas Flood’s intellectual snobbery. I can’t count on anyone else drooling over my honours degree from the U of T; maybe I’ll be buried at Hogsboro High. Now there’s a grim thought.

I suppose I should take consolation in the idea that I still have a job and I didn’t burn any bridges during the interview process (unlike some of my colleagues). I may not have the chance to play Goneril’s head like a bongo (at least, not this year) but at least she doesn’t know that I might be inclined to do so.

”Hey, she’s getting a pretty good sound outta that girl!”

Shove. ”That’s for hiring me straight out of the faculty!”

Goodnight. I’ve clearly lost my reason for another night.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 4/19/2005 07:57:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*