April 12, 2005
 
interviews

I had the second of two job interviews today. The first one went pretty well: I think they liked my answers on social justice and me as a person. The second interview was a little worse; I don't think I really connected with either of the heads. The only thing I have going for me there is the fact that it's a new, fully wired highschool and I'm a graduate of Acadia U, the wired university. I was taught to expect an LED projector in every class, even if most of my experience belies this expectation.

I'm very glad it's over. I haven't been able to concentrate on anything for weeks; now I can go back to lesson planning, detentions and parental phone calls. Wheee.

Spent quite a bit of time talking to a former student while he was on lunch and I was supposed to be monitoring the halls (oops). In my class he was a cheerful, bright-eyed, punky sprite, full of insights & opinions about Macbeth. He's in Theresa's class this year and he's not doing well. I couldn't believe it when she told me, 'coz we had so much fun last year. Anyway, he's one of the saddest students I've seen recently (and I see a lot of saddies). I really really wanted to tell him something to make him feel better, but what is there? I'm not his teacher this year. We can't get together for a coffee (unless I want to lose my job). All I can do is be around when he's looking for me, and with my wonky schedule and frequent duties that's becoming increasingly unlikely.

Poor mite. He desperately needs to believe that it'll stop hurting someday. All I can offer are platitudes.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 4/12/2005 06:38:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*