April 23, 2005
 
what am i, job?

Bad things that have happened this week

  1. My Red Tag Days (everything in my uterus must go! tm Wendy) have returned with a vengeance. Menstrual Cycles 2; this time it’s personal. Again: messy, tiresome & with few fringe benefits.
  2. I AM STILL SICK. Week two as a nursing, menstruating, hacking/sneezing/no-voice/irritable mother-teacher has been sheer hell.
  3. Everybody else in the English Department who wanted a new job has been offered one. I didn’t even get a call-back telling me thanks, but no thanks until Thursday night. And one school has re-advertised the position, which makes me feel really good. It’s not that there was someone better, it’s that they’d rather open it up to anyone but me.
  4. The two girls who have jobs WILL NOT SHUT UP ABOUT HOW HAPPY THEY ARE TO BE LEAVING. One of them keeps trying to convince me that not only is her new job a hundred times better because she won’t have to deal with the emotional females here (so I can’t exactly tell her to cram it – too emotional!) but she is also trying to convince me that I’m the only one to prefer Grace to C. Thomas Flood. She will not admit that she is wrong-wrong-wrong. Did I mention that she's a bit of a spoiled princess?
  5. The other one is literally jumping around like a grasshopper. She has managed to convince Betty to apply for a new position in her new school. Because Betty is reluctant and nervous, this girl now spends every second she is in the department office coaching Betty through her upcoming interview. Betty fears change but is easily led. I am more qualified than her for this new position, but if you think I’m going to interview for it when one of my co-workers literally begged Betty to apply and ignored me completely – well, I’m just not applying, that’s all. The office is a very unhappy place for me this week. I started to cry helplessly on Friday morning; thankfully none of the three mentioned above were around to see me break down.
  6. The Boy received his final rejection notice from the three teachers’ colleges to which he’d applied. We now have to look into the possibility of a cross-border teacher’s college for a cool 20 Grand per year.
  7. Blake has begun peeing deliberately when he is naked, chuckling mischievously all the while. We have to start toilet training now, a full 8 months in advance of the normal age. I am not ready for this.
  8. The car has stopped working in a bizarre & unprecedented fashion: one of the rear wheels won’t turn. This has lead to the following five bad things.
  9. I have to cancel all of my plans for the weekend, including the monthly Baby Club Brunch. I’ve now missed two out of three events. I think that pancake recipe is cursed; every time I make it I can’t leave Brampton.
  10. Last night I rushed through finishing a present for Andrea (to thank her for running after Blake in Romni, totally exhausting herself on my behalf), and I won’t see her today. Stupid car.
  11. Today’s my dad’s birthday and I won’t be able to finish his present because I can’t get down to the Japanese Paper Place. Also, I’ve been in a shitty mood since I woke up and consequently he’s been bugging the crap out of me today. I don’t think I even wished him Happy Birthday yet.
  12. Yesterday I upset my mother by telling her that we’d already committed to Noizangel’s birthday on Sunday and I couldn’t go to see my Uncle Bry (which I’d agreed to a month ago). Now that the car’s busted it looks like we’ll be going to his house anyway. I shouldn’t even have bothered.
  13. I can’t go to Noizagel’s 30th birthday high tea. This is the second birthday in a row I’ve had to miss due to interfering circumstances.
  14. We’re out of Diet Coke.
  15. The Boy has a sty. He wanted this mentioned just to show that I’m not the only one suffering here.

Soothe my copious wounds, internet.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 4/23/2005 11:58:00 a.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*