April 22, 2005
 
11: cell phone cozy in lickable purples

As a thanks to Andrea for taking me to Romni Wools in March and running around after Blake as he tried to destroy the store, I decided to make her a cozy. This was intended to match her light purple spring coat, and was made in some yummy varigated cotton from Lily Sugar n' Cream ("Spring Twist"). The Boy at several points expressed his desire to put it on a stick and eat it like a popsicle.

It's the first time I've used cotton to make this pattern and I found it superior to the worsted acrylic I was recommended before. It's a tougher product: flexible but not overly-soft. I don't think I can go back to acryllic after this experience.

This button is from the spendthrift purchase that sent Esther over the edge.

Labels:




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*