April 16, 2008
 
little black spiders

I don't want you to think that I'm saying this because I've been marking essays for 3 ½ hours, but. The spiders are taking over my bathroom. This winter my project has been to treat the spiders with respect, so that my house may be free of other, grosser pests like silverfish. This mainly consists of avoiding them, shaking them off my stuff instead of killing them and encouraging Blake to watch rather than touch. But in the last few warm days, their population has exploded again, and I'm kind of squicked out. I reached for my toothbrush yesterday morning – there was a spider on it. This morning I picked up the soap to wash my hands after applying Blake's ointment and inadvertently crushed a spider. Another one was hanging out under the soap tonight. There was one on my towel when I got out of the shower this morning. I've had to deke around a hanging spider to get into my shower in the morning. You get the picture. I just feel that after 4 months of mostly peaceful co-existence, it would be wrong to go all Raid on my sisters. And yet, if I have to shake off my toothbrush one more time, we may have to have a showdown. I'm just saying.

Labels:




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*