April 12, 2008
 
pick up my stitches, bitches

Sorry about the silence, peeps. I lost the better part of a week to illness after the Harlot launch, and once school started on Monday I was busy every g.d. night, which is wonderful but also wonderfully tiring. I have troupe rehearsals every week now, and dance class, and knit night, and…well, this social butterfly is flapping her wings a bit too hard right now is what I'm saying, and the subsequent earthquake is liable to reduce my writing to rubble.

Yesterday was Drunken Knitting, and although this seems a bit redundant, it got pretty drunk out. Mason and his wife split up this week, Needle Addict got a promotion and Not An Artist is always one to enable a good bender; between the three of them and the tequila shots and the beer and red wine…well, of the five in the car (Mason, Needle, Artist, Juuki & me) two got door-to-door service and one of those two got his shoes removed for him (by Juuki, who met him that evening.) We let NotAnArtist walk the 20 paces to her concierge, and Juuki and I were cold sober. (I was driving and the both of us were having too much fun laughing to need alcohol enhancement.) Before this, Mason worked the room, converting civilians and encouraging them to model the cardi he's still knitting for his wife and dropping the f-bomb in front of 5-year-olds. Needle Addict drank glass after glass of red wine and told funny stories. NotAnArtist expected us all to have the tolerance of her trucker family. We all knit the hell out of everything. Got home at 2 a.m., still giggling from the conversation of hours before.

"I can pronounce your last name and I will fuck you up."

"The movie is called, 'The Mongoose is Eating the Fucking Cobra!'"

Labels: , ,




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*