April 15, 2008
 
busy bee

It occurs to me that I'm being a trifle hard on myself. Tonight, as I spent my first well evening cleaning up my house while my dad vacuumed, while rsvp'ing for a fundraising event and changing into work out clothes for my dance class tonight, I realized: dude, I got a lot on my plate. These days I am enjoying my life (mostly), which makes me feel guilty when I don't write down all of my adventures. Why, oh why, I think, can't I balance intellectually demanding work, single-motherhood, an obsessive hobby (knitting), a time-consuming new passion (belly dance), a thriving social life and my journalling duties? Maybe because I still sleep 8-9 hours a night. Clearly I need to start stacking up the Red Bull.

This week I have to get ready for a reporting cycle, and I'm a good 2 weeks behind in my marking. I had planned to knock it off last weekend, but you saw what happened. Between episodes of PDF (Public Display of Femininity), chaperoning the drunken knittas and hyperbolic crocheting, this sister spent all of her down time trying to get over what she strongly suspects is a mild case of strep throat. I'm still a little woozy. I think it's time to bring in a pinch-marker, a trick I've employed with great success in the past. I'll let you know who the lucky ringer will be. (Hint: it could be you! Get ready for a tear-soaked FedEx package arriving tomorrow!)

Speaking of knitting (and I always am, so roll with it), I utterly failed to make note of two momentous knit-victories this month. The first will stand for the ages, as I got name checked in the Yarn Harlot's new book, Things I Learned About Knitting (whether I wanted to or not). That's me on page 145, "teach[ing] high school English." Rachel H. gave me the tip-off at the Foxes Den following the April Fool's Scavenger Hunt. At that point, I was way too tired to squee as the news deserved.

Dude. I wasn't 100% sure that she even knew my name.

My second knit-victory was all thanks to my peeps. Thanks to your votes (and the Boy's good-sportsmanship), I squeaked into 3rd place in the My Ex is Full of Knit Contest. Two hundred dollars of yarn, loves. That's good news right now, as I just paid off my March Break credit card bill and fear that I will have to choose between yarn and food for the next month. (Who let me loose in H&M in the first place? Oh yeah, it was me.)

j harvey wears a hat
we are the champions…of the world!

Labels: , ,




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*