June 03, 2004
 
smoking & pruning

I used to think that this would be a great time of day to write. Put the baby to sleep, write a little, brush my teeth & go to bed. Problem 1: Mr. FussyPants doesn't always want to sleep without a warm parent cuddled up beside him. Problem 2: I'm exhausted by this time & all I can think about are bedtime regimens & how I can up my sleep totals. Doesn't make for interesting reading. I suppose that the trick is perseverance. He'll sleep through the night eventually. I'll have an interesting life eventually. Maybe the two things will coincide. (After all, how much fun can you have when you're too tired to get yourself someplace interesting?)

Until then, there's always pictures of Blake in french berets! Wheee! He's a french baby now!



...the kind you find when you're cleaning out hats...

Today & yesterday I've been experimenting with physical activity. Yesterday I took a long walk to the local drugstore & later caught my exercise class. Today was a little less strenuous: I deadheaded a lilac bush in the front walk. My grandparents were over to smoke n' prune, and it looked like fun. I can't smoke anymore, so I pruned instead.

I'm kind of sad about those bushes. It was only yesterday that Blake & I were hanging out in their shade, eating rice crackers & cheese (me) and trying to cram lilac leaves into the mouth (him). Now quite a bit of that shade has been pruned away. I feel a tantrum coming on.

- -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 6/03/2004 08:20:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*