May 23, 2004
 
oot and aboot

Blake is such a wiggly little monkey that our days out are far more exhausting than our days in. Yesterday the three of us visited the Boy's grandparents for a day of front walk repairin', and much like our afternoon at Loftwyr & Monstre's garden, the baby wrangling was more tiring than the physical labour. I came home yesterday ready to sleep for a million years. Unluckily for me, Blake's waking up earlier & earlier. He used to be able to sleep until 10:30; now I'm lucky if he doesn't kick me awake at 6 a.m. I don't quite know what the answer is anymore. Sharing sleep is not working for me.

Still, I did enjoy the afternoon. The Boy's grandfather is an engineer, but he can't work because of a heart condition. This left him enormously frustrated and we passed the time watching the workers as I wrangled the baby. "My advice to you," he said gloomily, "is never grow old." The Boy's grandmother has memory problems, and she wasn't sure of Blake's gender. I thought that it would be rude to continually correct her, especially when she flipped from boy to girl within the same phrase, so I just let it all roll over me. Scout & Blake & I took a walk downtown for treats and I ended up nursing him on a bench while currents of tourists eddied past. I think I heard more accents yesterday than I have all year. Eventually I got so tired that I lay down on the living room couch with the Sprout & took a nap. Everyone else found this delightful.

I find that days with the Boy's family are very peaceful. Boo-wrestling aside, the calm is almost tangible.

Some photos of the bath:



It's tub time for babies in Canada...



I finally figured out how to turn off my flash. Unfortunately, the florescent lights in the laundry room aren't much of an improvement.



My feet are the cutest in the land!




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*