May 26, 2004
 
poor sleep, bad vision

Chaos: 3, Schedule: 0

Last night was just off the wall, but I had really high hopes. Turns out that I should just leave my hopes at sea level. Baby went to sleep at 10 p. and it was just lovely. He slumbered on his back, his arms touching each of us, our feet touching below his body. Finally we had a family bed rather than a mommy-and-baby bed. But it was all destined to blow apart. The Sprout is too fond of kicking me awake; the three of us can’t function in a queen-sized bed. At 5:55 we relocated to the living room futon. At 8:30 I begged the Boy to take the little squirmer far, far away.

I’d like to think that it would’ve gone better tonight if I hadn’t become very, very ill after supper. Instead of nursing Blake to sleep in a quiet room, I lay on the bathroom floor and prayed. Now he’s asleep on my dad’s lap while the latter watches teevee. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow. Chaos can’t always win.

Can it?

In other news, thanks to the delisting of certain health care benefits, we spent half of our optical allotment on dispensing fees. Can you feel my deep satisfaction with this turn of events? Both the Boy & I have terrible eyesight and it’s incredibly frustrating that my health plan puts aside three times the money for counseling as it does for glasses n’ contacts. Considering that they want me reading bad essays every hour of the day, the least they could do would be to provide a pair of decent glasses.

Bah. I can’t believe that there was once a time when a sex change & a wart removal could go on the provincial tab. And yet I’m still squinting like Hans Moleman.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 5/26/2004 07:54:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*