May 20, 2004
 
The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

The Good:

The Boy had an appointment with an eye doctor, and since I had nothing better to do, I came along with the baby. 7 doors down from the clinic was a Gymboree; remembering the excellent dinosaur towel from Amy but not really knowing anything else about the place we stopped in for a look. The woman on duty was very nice and encouraged us to come back in a half-hour for a free baby class. So we did.

I think my baby is in love with the Gymbo puppet. I liked the bubbles and the complementary baby-sized beach ball and the singing (I'm a suck for choral singing). But I'm still not convinced that I need to spend $180 to sing "The Wheels on the Bus." The other moms seemed to have no other contact with mom groups and I have 3 (one of which I hold in very high esteem).

The Bad:

The mail brought the bad: I'm in trouble with my professional organization. Tomorrow morning I get to scorch someone for putting up a misleading website, but today I get to live with the sick certainty that my board may not maintain my position if I'm not an official member of the college.

The Ugly:

Blake fell off the couch today. In the soul-searching that followed, I figured out that it was the best possible place in the entire house for him to fall – it was a foot off the ground & he fell onto carpet. Even so, my heart just stopped when I heard the most horrible sequence of sounds: thump, silence and a world-splitting scream.

He's a floor baby from now on. He may not be able to sit, but his creeping & rolling are amazing. Dangerous, too.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 5/20/2004 07:37:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*