May 03, 2004
 
can't type...sleeping

I had a crazy day today. I was bound & determined to re-synch with the baby, so I actually hauled my ass out of bed at 9:30 when he kicked me awake. I was ruined, though, and I dragged myself through a very desultory breakfast before nursing him to sleep an hour later. Two hours after that, he kicked me awake again, and I handed him to the Boy for a diaper change. Next thing I knew, it was 2:30. I had slept most of the day and completely fucked up any sort of synchronisation with the world at large, let alone with my babe. Mommy mono strikes again.

Yesterday it took me almost half an hour before I remembered how to talk to human beings. Dirk was patient throughout, and we ran into Kate just when my social motor was revving. I like people, especially people who like my baby. Kate's been waiting patiently to see Blake for a long time, suffering through my email ineptitude & general slothfulness yet still maintaining enthusiasm for the Boo. You gotta love that.

In considerably sadder news, we learned from Kate that the rose garden where this photo was taken has been gobbled up by developers. Craptastic judgement there, U of T.

Some links, because it's that kind of day.

Both Stacy and Nicole have shared some terrific photos of Easter Saturday, and I am remiss in not publicizing their photos of The World's Cutest Baby and thanking them for the photos (& the catchy title).

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 5/03/2004 10:26:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*