May 10, 2004
 
happy birthday & happy gavebirthday!

So. I'm sick. I don't want to whine too much. Most people with day jobs would kill to be sick & at home. But being under the weather is never fun, and if nothing else, it's caused me to make some pretty weird decisions. I blame the lightheadedness. Yep. That's why my life is how it is. Dizziness & germs.

This is also why I haven't made the time to write. Journaling isn't the carefree exercise it once was, and when I have a free moment I'm more likely to be blowing my nose again & again. And yet here I am.

The Boy's birthday was magnificent. We had a tonne of people honour us with their presence at Le Marche on Friday night, and a grand time was had until a very tired hot baby demanded a change of scene. Poor little shmoo. Everyone wants to cuddle him and we keep him out way later than we should. Alas, he's trapped by his own celebrity. We even spent a fair portion of the night discussing our friends' various favourite photos of Blake. He's a cult, I tell you.

The number of people was overwhelming – I tend to toss out invitations in a wide spray, connecting with only a few. That's pretty conducive to a night out in a restaurant, but we had 18 people! Sometimes I forget how well the Boy is loved. Or maybe it was the spring air. Or the celebrity baby. Hard to distinguish between so many alternatives.



fast eddie, blake & catholic kate at the fountain. taste the glee!

The rest of the weekend slid into a sick snotty blur in my memory. On Saturday we slept a really long time & then made the substantial drive to visit Scout's for a family dinner. Very good time, lots of good food, lots of new clothes for the baby – totally satisfying and what I expect from that side. Yes, it was a much better time than my own family, but maybe that's because I don't have the same baggage with the Boy's kin. Maybe it's because those visits don't make me feel like I'm drowning under a flood of unasked-for advice.

All bitterness aside, I was extra-glad to be there that day, as Scout's roommate was going through a sudden spinal surgery and we could keep her company throughout the endless status phone calls.



with a smile like that, no wonder he's the centre of attention!

The Boy's cousin is getting married in five weeks, and I find it kind of amusing how they quietly study our decisions for clues.

Sunday was, yes, my very first Mother's Day. I got a card from the baby (high-larious) and was almost completely satisfied to spend the bulk of the day recuperating on the couch. I do regret missing Monstre's trip to the nursery, but there'll always be a chance to bank some Stupid Time when I'm healthy. (Dirk was invited as well, but he had to work. So much for sharing my lazy friend.)

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 5/10/2004 09:17:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*