May 04, 2006
 
hungry, slothful

Happy Luke Skywalker Day. I love having a joke that can make a whole class of 15-year-olds groan and roll their eyes at me.

Last night Pixie called to congratulate me on the new job. Yay for family! I was amazed that she’d seen the post, let alone taken the time to call. I feel so loved. (It was also a good chance to unleash Blake on the phone and check the colour of her birthday present project.)

I don’t have much to say. I’ve been a combination of lethargic and famished all week, and it’s not getting any better with decent sleep and regular meals. As a consequence I’ve been really testy with Blake (and he’s going through a limits-testing phase) and really blah with my classes. I can barely be bothered to do anything.

I’ve been trying to get a couple of projects done for the weekend, which means that I have to carefully plan my evenings to realize maximum knitting progression. This has largely removed the joy of the act for me. This morning I came to the conclusion that if May were this bad, November would be a shrieking horror; thus I won’t be knitting Christmas presents. Except for the people I was going to knit for last year (and bought the yarn but didn’t get anything done), everyone else is getting something that I might have bought them before my heart was replaced with a skein & pointy sticks. This is supposed to be fun, not a second job. (Or third, depending on where Blake fits on that hierarchy. I’ve been pretty withdrawn lately, so maybe he’s third. Oh, the guilt.)

I’ve also been trying to finish a sewing project. The whole project (a circular needle case, which I desperately need) looked so easy that I forgot Rocketbride + sewing machine + cheap thread – mentor = Olympic-competition level frustration. Maybe I should have just coughed up the $60 for the one at Lettuce Knit instead of getting all Esther* on my own ass. “Sixty dollars? For a needle case? Well, it’s your money.” We'll see how awful this becomes.

* Esther = one of my mom’s favourite elderly friends. One of the souls who works too hard and too fast and too quietly for you to see the wings stretched out in back.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 5/04/2006 07:59:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*