April 28, 2006
 
cemetery gates

Day Two of having a new job. It's still creeping up on me. Today I went to a PD session instead of normal school, so I didn't have to think about the transition all day long. So far I've told three people; somehow everyone knows and has approached me to congratulate. They ask why I'm not making a big hairy deal out of it, and the truth is that I don't want to create the kind of resentment that the girls did last year. I'd like to leave on a classy note, if at all possible. Well, probably not, but whatever.

(I also told the guy who runs my favourite Hogsboro bakery. You have to be straight with the man who fronts you an extra dessert because he wants to keep his case fresh for the weekend crowd.)

During today's PD I visited a local middle school. I don't want to say that it was a revelation, but it was so much happier than Hogsboro that if I were still working at ol' HH, I'd be depressed. My favourite part of the day was "Wellness," when students walk briskly around the school for 10 minutes. I spent my time chasing little kids who hid behind pillars. (I would get them to walk, they would run ahead of me, I would catch them again & get them to walk.) It was like playing with Blake; everything was a game rather than a sullen duty. Near the end of Wellness I poked my head in a grade 1 class and ended up jumping with the students because the teacher was hurting. Rocketbride: rogue elementary fitness instructor! Where will she hop on one foot next??

God, I had fun.

And now, as I am alone in the basement and working my way through my second India Pale Ale, the fun continues. Drinking moderately while alone? Somewhere I feel like Preacher approves.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 4/28/2006 07:26:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*