April 18, 2006
 
but you also get a free topping

Good news! I got my tax return! Sober investments! Yarn! Possibly a tattoo!

Bad news! No one wants to hire me! Same ol’ commute to ugly ol’ Hogsboro!

Despite having to wear my brave face all day, it wasn’t as bad as last year (during the “Everyone Gets A New Job But Me” Event). I think I got confused between what I saw as the answer to my problems and the way it was all going to shake out no matter what I found convenient. And, as Theresa pointed out, I could’ve been second. I’ll never know.

I just wish that I hadn’t spent all day yesterday with my knitting projects instead of doing something useful. Waiting for the phone to ring took up a lot of damn time. Now my laundry is all over the floor and I’m improvising in all my classes. On the upside, I seem to have developed a new obsession in “Lost” that will tide me over until the 3rd season of “Slings & Arrows” emerges from Mark McKinney’s sock.

Easter? Was fine. I made a beautiful brown bunny for Blake, and despite my grandmother’s comparison to a golliwog, I was still happy with it at the end of the day. (My family doesn’t praise me, ever. I think this is one reason why I married the Boy…and why I have such a hard time praising him.)

I’m looking forward to the weekend already. Dirk will be home from Convergence: the Ways & Means to New Orleans, so I can work on not appearing envious of the bacchanal. I had such a good time at his birthday, but we didn’t really get a chance to talk with all the hosting responsibilities (him) and wild chasing through lobbies (me). Something about sitting down to a plate of Stilton cheese with my son, sipping sherry and watching him play with the butter knife while sitting on my lap, made me feel happy to be a grown up. If only it’d been my birthday, the moment would’ve been corny-perfect.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 4/18/2006 08:27:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*