October 07, 2005
 
sick of this life

I’m sick. Not a vomiting, shaking, burning, aching sick, but sick of keeping my head upright. Starting on Wednesday I had a 36-hour headache that ratcheted up to a migraine whenever I was with my 9 Xanders (who may need a new name, or at least be called VampXanders due to their core of pure evil). All through yesterday I felt hungover - my stomach in knots, my thoughts confused, my body weary – and I didn’t even have the happy memory of debauchery to comfort me. It could very well be the barometric pressure, but I decided to take off today anyway. I may not be totally sick in the physical sense, but the mental strain of this past week has taken its toll on my nerves and I think I deserve a day to sit in my pj’s & knit.

Blake has a new lovey, something we haven’t seen since his squirty pig disappeared. Sometime in the last few weeks he has fallen head over heels for Thomas the Tank Engine (although he can’t be bothered much with the teevee series, just the trappings of the Really Useful Crew). The Boy bought him a wee Percy to play with and it hasn’t left his hand for 3 full days. He makes up dances and tuneless songs about Thomas (which is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen). He’s also showing a tremendous amount of interest in the colouring sheets he has been given, studying them as if scrutiny will help him puzzle out the story he knows is buried in the tableau. I do so love his intensity.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 10/07/2005 12:10:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*