September 21, 2005
 
old times

I haven’t been in a very good mood for the past few days. Monday and Tuesday were awful days with my 9 Xanders, and my general apathy created a situation much like that of my first year: I had serious behaviour problems to deal with, but because I didn’t nip them in the bud I worried all night about today’s confrontations. Today I had a few serious talks with students, called a parent, and approached the class in a relaxed frame of mind. It made ALL THE DIFFERENCE – they were cheerful and reasonably attentive and there was no wide-spread dissidence or even complaint. Now, my worst behaviour problem skipped today, so that might have something to do with it. But I’m hoping not; I’m hoping that even with this student back tomorrow they’ll be okay. I’m hoping that it was the chaotic Initiation program yesterday that stirred up their jam, and with that ridiculous day behind them they’ll settle down.

’Cause even one night living with that old anxiety is too long.

Yesterday when the Boy was away, Blake & I spent some quality time waking up slowly. Eventually he realized that someone was missing, so he crawled across the bed in search of daddy. “Daddy’s not here,” I explained gently. And then, as if he had to try every angle, as if the Boy was in the living room on his computer (as he tends to be on the rare occasion that Blake & I take a nap together) he shouted: “Jimmy!”

Hee.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 9/21/2005 07:51:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*