June 06, 2005
 
not-so-secret shame

Another long silence, this one born of shame. Now that we have less than 2 weeks to go and the kids are breathing down my neck for grades, I need to mark... and yet I have found endless excuses not to mark. Writing on the computer seems like a craven admission that my hours are not going the way I wish them to go.

I take solace from the fact that in 2 1/2 weeks my report cards will be done, and in 3 weeks I can say goodbye to school for a long 2 months. I'll worry about summer school when they send me the acceptance letter. Which reminds me: cancel all fun summer plans until further notice.

Sigh.

Favourite moment of the day: I brought in "Murder Ballads" today to play for my 11 Faiths, as we're doing ballads this week. It wasn't a terrific success, but I enjoyed myself. As they left, I let the CD player run. And of course, I was across the room when my next batch came in. And of course, of course the song was "Stagger Lee." Just as the first student walked in, Nick was singing the best possible line:

I'll crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to one fat boy's asshole...

The weirdest part was that I don't think any of them noticed. Each word was branding into my ears and they didn't even pay attention. Heh.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 6/06/2005 05:09:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*