November 17, 2004
 
better

As I was driving Nic to work this afternoon, I was struck by a thought. "We really don't have anything to say to each other lately," I said, reflecting on five minutes of stilted conversation about Metallica and organic supermarkets.

"Nope. All we have in common is that we like to talk about Blake," he answered.

"I bet you can't get that from your friends," I returned.

Today was a much better day than any since our rent cheque bounced. (They'd have to get better eventually, right?) I made it to my exercise class on time. The Boy is the star of the temp agency and a reference check away from going on the unofficial substitute teacher list at a local elementary school. My mother is downright friendly now that the Boy is close to gainful employment. And Blake spent his afternoon playtime stripped to his diaper; splashing in coloured water, squawking happily, and gesticulating with a rubber duck in the centre of a swarm of younger babies.

Finally, when I returned from the baby splashing outing, I got a message on the machine promising to reinstate my EI payments tomorrow.

I think this calls for a rousing chorus of "Tubthumping."


alice sent me this picture of september's picnic.
i can't believe how much he's changed in two months.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 11/17/2004 10:16:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*