November 09, 2004
 
tiny portfolio

Yesterday I paid off my student loan. Not "paid off part of my student loan" or "made a payment on my student loan," yesterday I killed the beast. (I left it dead, and with its head, I went galumphing back.) I've only had these loans for 4 years, which I realize is strictly junior school stuff. Still, it's a wonderful feeling to know that I am out of debt to everyone but my credit card company and my parents.

How did I do it, you ask? Canada Savings Bonds. Ever since I was a wee slip of a superhero, my parents and grandparents have been encouraging me to squirrel away money in bonds. We're not an investing family exactly, but we do appreciate a good bond. It's been incredibly handy; the Boy was astounded when he found out that I had thousands of dollars waiting to pay off my adult debts. I don't want to give you the wrong impression, though - I'm not equipped to live a charmed life, at least not yet. This was the last set of bonds; I'll be using the balance to pay off our credit cards before Christmas.

Still, it's made me a very motivated momma. I'll be getting some bonds for Blake this week because I'd hate for him to grow up without the thrill of sudden money.


you mean I won't go to debtor's prison?? score!!

At the risk of verging into cliché, you know you're a momma when you look at a stain on your shoulder and you can't tell if it's snot or spit-up. Blake's cold continues to snot up the world, and I'm becoming accustomed to finding little dried up deposits on my arms and chest after he's been affectionate.

I made the shoulder discovery in exercise class. It was a good thing: I'd been thinking that I looked pretty fine in my black exercise pants and the Roman Dirge tee (recently of Stacy), but the stain brought me crashing back to earth.

It's weird - I usually exercise out of a sense of obligation (like I need to save everyone from a slowly-expanding ass), but it's becoming a habit. I think I just groove on the endorphins. Besides, my post-partum body has finally returned to a semblance of its pre-antidepressant-pre-pregnancy self and there's a lot of positive reinforcement when I look in the gym mirror. This is not to say that I'm satisfied with my body - my skirts are all tight and I suspect that once my breasts go down to "normal" I'll be a little less calm about my waistline - but I'm feeling pretty good. Today I've been trying on the clothes that wandered over from Scherezade & Stacy & Little Spider and I'm mostly liking what I see.

But it all looks amazing when you're wearing huge PVC platform boots. They skew perspective.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 11/09/2004 08:28:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*