June 08, 2004
 
1/2 birthday

I took a bit of French Leave today. I was supposed to go to exercise class & be a good girl...but instead I hightailed it downtown to Stephanie's house for cookies & babies. I don't know if I was right. But it sure was fun.



blake & dex have a lot to catch up on

Blake is 6 months old today. Yeep!! Six months ago I was on a euphoria climb that wouldn't end for three whole days. Six months ago I couldn't even think about touching my swollen, bruised & stitched up lower body without the blood rushing from my head. Six months ago Dirk was holding my incredible sleeping baby, still marveling that anyone would ask (nay, insist) that he hold someone less than 7 hours old. Six months ago the Boy traded his family pass for a sandwich and Stacy took his place at the bedside (and in the family, until he came back). Six months ago Monstre wondered how anything so big could emerge from my body. Six months ago everyone in the world was my friend, because I had done the impossible. Six months ago the love of my life slumbered next to me in his plastic cradle like he did this every day. The epitome of cool.

Here's to the wee boy who complicated my life in so many ways...but sweetens it beyond all measure. He makes everything worthwhile, because everything I do has to be conscious & desired rather than just idly enjoyed. He's my magnifying glass & my crystal ball & my kaleidoscope, all rolled into a sturdy little baby with two teeth & a wicked grin.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 6/08/2004 11:12:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*