out of the closet
Let's all bow our heads and have a moment of silence for the following purged items:
- a shiny silver suit Stacy thrifted for me, one piece at a time. I wore the jacket one memorable night at C*8, and I've been waiting to slim down enough to wear the whole outfit. The painful fact is that even if I lose 20 pounds, giving birth has irrevocably changed my hip shape.
- the turquoise and green dress in which I met Callum Keith Rennie. I threw it in the washing machine last year and shrunk the outer layer. I'm going to hope that some smaller girl thinks that the extra fringe is a design feature.
- the grey cardigan my grandmother gave me in the mid-90's. When everyone else aspired to the frumpy cardigan, I cornered the market.
- the skirt-that-may-as-well-be-a-belt that I inherited from Scherezade and wore to my 28th birthday celebration.
- the velvet tunic I found at Good Will By the Pound in '97. I interviewed the Heads in that goth-figure-skater-gone-wrong outfit.
- the navy blouse that was a staple of my first office wardrobe in '95.
- the denim jumper I bought with Alexi and wore over a series of little t-shirts. Also, the little black t-shirt I bought that day.
- the black and purple dress that made the Lawyer give me a good once-over when he came by to see if I was going to Tea one fall afternoon in '97.
- a number of items I inherited and kept even though they didn't look good on me.
The contents of this site, unless
otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*