January 28, 2007
 
several good things

Hola amigos. It's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but I got a lot on my plate these days.* It's report card time, which has meant a lot of soul-searching, a lot of procrastinating, and a lot of time in the over-heated Silent Study Room at the local library. I'm not done, not by a long shot, but I managed to continue my unbroken streak of reporting semester marks by the end of the semester (for my first three years, I was still frantically marking term work after the exam was written. Not no more. It took four years of bumbling around, but I finally got on top of this. I feel pretty good.)

Things are going well these days. Why?

We've been having fun with the Munch book since it came home yesterday. Both the Boy & I speak highschool French, which is enough to navigate most children's books (we discovered this when the Boy brought home a bunch of hand-me-down books that included "Attention, Leon!" by Richard Scarry.) Blake has always been a strong auditory learner; we've known this since he started to enjoy and then recite the poetry of William Blake and Edward Lear. For his it's not so much the meaning of the words, since he's still building his vocabulary anyway, it's the interesting sounds and the quality of the story. And Robert Munch is Robert Munch, no matter what language he's in. We're having a blast.

* (c) the eerily-similar-to-my-first-boyfriend Jim Anchower

Labels: , , , ,




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*