hedgehogs blasting into space
Interesting items that have been uncovered in the recent renovations to my former bedroom, in no particular order:
- Friendship bracelets! Little Spider was a one-woman sweatshop, which eventually sapped her patience. This was before I knew that I could be good at any of the textile arts. My collection is downright grody, as I wore them continuously until they fell off my wrist.
- Love letters from Alexi. I'm embarrassed on both our behalves. Also, photobooth pictures of the two of us kissing. Next.
- Tapes that showcase my musical taste from 1990-1995. Most interesting juxtaposition: Stevie Ray Vaughan, "Texas Flood" next to They Might Be Giants, "Flood." Also, a mixed tape with "Get Down, Make Love" – my first NIN song. What will kids do without the intimacy of mixed tapes? More intelligent/geeky minds have already considered this question, I'm sure.
- A wallet I meant to start using in 1997, but didn't. Dating enabled by my choice of photos. Prime spot goes to a clipping of Beck, although I owned none of his albums. Weird. Conspicuously absent from the line-up: Alexi (must have already dumped me) & Dirk (I have very few photos of him before the summer of 97, which this wallet predates). This has been said before, but Poet takes one bad picture.
- Staff pins from my job at the local library. Useful for impersonation, except that they changed the logo.
- A tonne of crummy jewellery and a few sentimental faves, more grist for the jewellery box debate. I sure have great taste.
- Sizable shale fossils, discovered on the beach during a weekend at my uncle's with all my jd teen friends.
I'm caught somewhere between embarrassment, delight, nostalgia and revulsion. Fortunately, it all tucks into various corners with ease.
I had another day of professional development today. I knit so much (and sewed so much when I got home) that my wrist is sore. I guess Blake's birthday sweater is going to be a little late, now that I can't go hard!core! on the sewing-up. That's okay; at least it's all knit. I love it when a sweater comes together.
The contents of this site, unless
otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*