January 25, 2006
 
33: warm up the chicken

My mom sells grocery cards at the church. The basic idea is that people buy grocery cards (and then groceries), and the company donates money to the church. It's an extremely successful campaign, as everyone needs groceries and no one is asked to make a personal donation in lieu of food. To advertise these cards, my mom wears a straw hat with a rubber chicken tied to the crown. In the summer, the chicken wore a bikini. But she's been cold for months...

Enter my various "clothing the chicken" schemes. First I tried a sweater, but it turned into too much of a committment. So I downsized to accessories.


bawk!

The hat is a nosewarmer. The scarf is a 5-stitch garter stitch wonder. The most cool thing is that both those yarns were left over from big hats (Blake's & Nic's). The debut is this week.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 1/25/2006 09:44:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*