December 20, 2005
 
but mommy, they're bees

We're going to kick this entry old-school, i.e. I'm going to rant about my parents.

My mom cut Blake's hair today. She did it while I was at school, after I had specifically told her on multiple occasions that I didn't want to cut his hair. Now it looks like shit, all jagged and bumpy, so I'll need to go to a professional to get it fixed.

I am LIVID. The Boy just pointed it out a few minutes ago and I'm already so upset that I feel like throwing up. If this was a babysitter, I'd never let my child alone with her. She & my dad have been getting more & more confused with each day and now they're almost convinced that Blake is their child. How dare she cut his hair? This is a rank betrayal of trust.

I have two choices: I can confront her and get into a screaming match or I can silently hate and mistrust her for the rest of the time we're forced to stay here (i.e. until the Boy gets a job). At this point both options seem equally appetizing.

The really good news about today is that Preacher & Martha had the baby, three weeks early! I'll be sticking with the pseudonym "Good Hank," as the ultrasound was right and he was indeed a boy. I'm all shivery with excitement - I can't wait to see this little muffin. Although, he won't have the strong new baby smell that Blake had - if I know the two of them, they'll have had all the vernix and blood scrubbed off asap, so he'll mostly smell like baby soap. But there ain't nothing wrong with a clean newborn smell.

Eee!

Blake has become devious. Yesterday he fell in love with a package of tablecloth clips (the things that keep yer tablecloth on outdoors) that are shaped like bees. "Open it!" he demanded of me.

"No, honey," I replied. I went into a long explanation of the table, and the season, and why this wasn't a toy, and how we would use the bees in the summer. He looked seriously at me when I'd finished, pointed to the package and said, "bees." Because I had clearly missed the point.

Later that evening, he handed the package to the Boy. "Merry Christmas!" he chirped. "Thank you Blake," said the Boy, utterly charmed. "Open it," Blake urged.

Hee.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 12/20/2005 04:22:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*