January 18, 2006
 
32: spring's around the corner socks.

My first pair of socks is a corker: greens (and some blues) melting into a wild, beautiful lux skein from Art Yarns ($28 per, excuse me while I go have a heart attack). I went against my first inclination (purples!) and chose these colours to match my green summer blouse and be slightly daring (besides, I don't really *need* a pair of purple socks.)

The pattern is a basic top-down slouch sock with a reinforced heel. I started this pair in a knitting class with Andrea and Cheryl, and although I was the first to finish my ribbing, I'll bet I'm the last to finish the entire project. Loving the socks...loving them so much that I wore them to school twice before weaving in the ends. Is it okay to shed a thin layer of linty fluff when I take off my shoes at the end of the day?


this shot almost does justice to the gorgeous colours

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 1/18/2006 09:13:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*