January 22, 2006
 
the lord giveth and the lord taketh away

I had both good knitting news and bad knitting news this week.

Good news: as a reward for ordering $600 worth of books for Nic on my credit card, I got to pick out a book as a late birthday present. I chose Last Minute Knitted Gifts, the big buzz book of the year. I am tremendously excited about starting one of these projects (Manos hats! teddy bears! tiny sweaters!!), but I have to say that I must knit like a turtle, because I just don't see myself finishing these projects to deadline. Time to start experimenting with continental style!

Bad news: when I went by the local Lewiscaft for some Henry Rollins cotton, I was dismayed to find out that the location is closing. This is really depressing; not only am I left with fewer local knit store options (I'll knit my own flesh before going to Walmart), but I'm left without two vital colours for Henry Rollins and no chance of ordering them. I suppose I can ease my pain with some discount wool shopping, but the prospect of life without a nearby source of cheap needles is disheartening. Time to move next to Romni.

Good news: my Christmas gift from Stacy was this gorgeous set of buttons:


Couldn't you die from the cuteness???

Taken together, I suppose I've made a net gain. I'm still kinda blue.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 1/22/2006 02:57:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*