December 29, 2005
 
29: robin hoodie

In a fit of knitting jealousy, I decided to copy Andrea and knit my child a tunic. Instead of using the drop-dead gorgeous Lorna's Laces yarn she used, I substituted the much-less snazzy Patons Classic Merino in Leaf Green. (Some day, Lorna's Laces. Some day.)

This is a quick knit and a lot of fun, especially since I figured out that I can knit and read Stephen King at the same time. Joy! The sweater made its debut at Grandma & Grandpa's house, although I still needed to sew on the button & make a drawstring.


not the greatest shot, but you can see how cute the hood is.
plus, he's actually wearing it without protest! yippee!

January 15 update: The i-cord drawstring used up the very last of this yarn (I had to splice three pieces together!), but it's done & threaded. I also sewed on the cutie heart-shaped wood button. Now to get over my fear that he's going to wreck it when he wears it - I've discovered to my dismay that his habit of rolling around on the carpet makes this yarn pill mercilessly. I think I need to buy a sweater shaver to justify the time spent on this project. Or maybe I just need a sweater shaver, period.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 12/29/2005 03:51:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*