October 15, 2005
 
sock class contentment

The headache continues unabated. It especially sucks to have a headache on your time off, when it's not 14-year-old brats rubbing on your last nerve but your sweet family that has to deal with your crankiness.

The excellent thing about today is that I had a lot of time to do my thing. In the morning I went into Kensington Market for a 2-hour sock knitting class with Andrea & Cheryl (Baby Club alumni). Just being able to sit and knit and gossip for 2 hours outside of my basement was veriest heaven; the gorgeous yarn and neat stitch-swapping trick was bonus stuff. I'm knitting green-blue-yellow socks in the most expensive yarn I've ever handled, and producing the softest, butteriest fabric imaginable. Squee! (I also got a small competitive thrill out of being the only one in the class done my cuff by the end of the 2 hours. As Andrea said, I'm easy.)

Then, just when my day couldn't get any better, the Boy met me for Jumbo Empanadas and took me home to my boy. As soon as he woke up, we went outside for what might be our last fingerpainting session. Blake is doing better with the whole concept, although he prefers to smush the paint together into a big brown smear rather than working with contrast and definite colours. Still, at least he's getting a kick out of the paint texture. And I suppose I admire his uninhibited desire to reduce a jangly rainbow to a uniform sludge.

He insisted on a bath in the laundry sink.

Although I didn't get any marking done today, I'm happy with the amount of knitting and sewing preparation I managed to accomplish today. Now that we're steaming into the last two weeks before Hallowe'en, I need to get my act together. Or rather, I need to get my monkey together.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 10/15/2005 07:22:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*