March 15, 2005
 
oh my god, it's true!

This morning I heard the following phone message from Dirk:

Hey guys, walking into work today - late, because I'm confused and prone to wandering - but anyway, there's this girl coming up wearing a bright red hoodie with the word Ferguson. And above it: a picture of a goat.

The goat! Ferguson's goat! It lives on!

That's awesome.

(And for those of you who joined the program after 1997, here's the story of the Goat, resuscitated from the ancient files that are the only remains of my old website, Tisiphone's Aerie.)

March Break Day 4:

Busy day today. A small party composed of Blake, my mother and myself picked up Blake's government bond, which will mature when he's 11 (wow! Eleven!!) and rented a safe deposit box for its keeping. We also ransacked a local Winners and emerged triumphant with a pair of baby sneakers, a new clothes basket for Blake, a flopsy red hat for my mom with which Blake was amusing himself while she tried on bras, two Baby Einstein books, a photo album especially for Grandmas, and an oval mirror with bees painted on the frame. Bees! On the frame! I've always wanted to decorate Blake's room in a bee motif. As soon as we got home, my dad (who for some reason was home in the middle of the day) hung the mirror next to the crib, so Blake can see himself as he bombs around the bedroom, emptying baskets and strewing things about the floor.

I spent the rest of the day doing housework and trying to catch up on various obligations (clean up my old computer, answer email, etc.) I'm once again astounded by the amount of work involved in keeping a tidy house. Just beating back a tiny fraction of the chaos wore me out - well, that and keeping my tiny cyclone of destruction well-fed, well-rested, well-entertained and reasonably contained.


what do you mean, you don't want me to rip everything out of this drawer?

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 3/15/2005 08:49:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*