March 06, 2005
 
enter hestia

Holy. Crap. Another five days down the unrecorded tube. At least this week I have an excuse that all my teacher readers will understand: progress reports were due on Thursday. Now, if you're an organized, on the ball teacher, report cards are one large but not unmanageable task added onto your workload. But for someone like myself who holds onto the edge of organization like grim death, report season is a high-intensity struggle of overdue marking, frantic mark entry and late night comment writing. I was only slightly relieved when we were told that number marks would not be necessary - I still have to mark to determine skill levels and gross apathy. So that was most of my week. When you factor in a lost password that had the Vice Principal lending me her access code at 7:45 Thursday morning, you can see why I was a little too stressed to sit down in the ol' journalling chair. Hell, I didn't even knit on Wednesday night.

Still, considering that Thursday was my worst day yet, I'm doing pretty well. I didn't even cry. Yay!

Yesterday we visited Opera Sarah & Leo & their new baby girl Hestia. We brought Châlet Suisse, bags of milk, a new outfit, my old nursing nightgown, and a few of Blake's most adorable newborn outfits. We were hoping to buy our way into holding the baby and we were not disappointed. She's a cutie!


here's me, hogging the baby as usual

Spending time with a younger baby is like taking a deep double-lungful of fresh air: the low-grade panic I'd experienced with Blake at that age was replaced with simple confidence. She was fun to hold, partly because she made me feel mad-competent but mostly because she's a lovely little girl.


hestia tries to latch through the vendetta shirt. I guess I am nothing but a cow.

Blake spent the visit bombing around the clean apartment and creating as much chaos as one baby could wreak on three rooms. He was particularly fond of popping in on Sarah's brother, who was in his bedroom on the computer and must have reminded Blake of his beloved Uncle Nic. Sarah & Leo told us at the end that he was a well-behaved baby; a compliment we've never heard before. Beautiful, yes. Active, yes. Well-behaved, never. So that made us pretty proud.


blake is blurry with affection. "baby!!" he says.

There's a new knitting page up at the Aerie (you could probably see that one coming a mile away). Just thought I'd get some of my pictures off the hard drive, if only to prove I've been doing something this month.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 3/06/2005 09:10:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*