February 12, 2005
 
knit

As I was shooting the shit with Andrea this morning, a thought occurred to her. Turns out that we both know Ophelia - she from highschool, me from university. I got to rehash all the old anti-glory days, which was kind of fun. Everytime I tell that story I wonder how it'll come out. It was such a strange, confusing time that it defies anecdote, sprawls all over memoir and refuses to be contained any mere reminisce. I suppose that if I acted more honourably, it wouldn't be quite as interesting to tell, or heard with such avidity.

More than any of this, however, it was really good to sit chatting on the phone for an hour. I've had precious few calls from my friends lately, although in their defence, I've made precious few.

Ran a lot of errands today. I'm surprised by how nicely it all fit together, from the Boy's trip to Value Village for warm warehouse clothes to my quest for yarn & knitting needles. We found some great gifts for Rosalind's twins, but almost none of the books I'd envisioned were in stock. Sad, that - I love giving quality stories.

The biggest surprise of the day came this evening, when I started re-learning how to knit. As I rounded the corner on my fifth row, the Boy cam over to take a look. After a few minutes, he asked to be shown the stitch. Then he asked for the needles. He's knitting a foot away from me as I write this, and I'd probably still be on the needles if he wasn't so determined to pick up this skill.

Tomorrow he gets his own equipment. This is my relaxing hobby, damn it!


just keep knitting...just keep knitting...

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 2/12/2005 08:11:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*