February 16, 2005
 
knittin' smitten

I finished my scarf today, thanks in large part to the second snow day of the week. (You can all breathe a big sigh of relief – the first project is done, so I won't be quite so obsessed from here on out.) And why was I knitting instead of working responsibly? Well. It's so early in the term that what little work I have was accomplished on Monday (the first snow day). Today I gave up all pretence at productivity, and just knit in the corner. Of course, none of this would be possible without my new "plan during the day, dummy" system. I'm trying my darndest to keep the teacher at school and the woman at home; it's working so far. We'll see how it filters out in the long term.

I'll tell you one thing, tho: as much as I enjoyed today off, I am not looking forward to my 10P's tomorrow. Any disruption in their routine sends them right the hell off. Yesterday they could barely contain themselves; tomorrow they'll be orbiting Saturn.

It occurs to me that I haven't written anything about my new classes. It also occurs to me that I need to implement some kind of code to write about my real-time endeavours so I won't get dooced. Therefore, for the rest of the year we will operate under the following system (with apologies to Joss Whedon):

So that's the score, chickadees. I'm off to weave up the yarn ends in my scarf. Maybe if I finish in good time I can learn how to purl.

(I know. Things were bad enough when I became a mom and this became a mommyblog. Now that I'm knitting as if my fingers caught fire, it's only going downhill from here.)

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 2/16/2005 08:53:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*