February 19, 2005
 
taras = evil

The 10 Taras turned evil today. I suppose it was to be expected - the universe will not give me a perfect class of bright kids. Today they told me that they didn't do the homework (a reflection piece on absolute power) because they didn't care about the topic. First they tried to hide behind ignorance, then they just let their apathy out in the open. To which I replied, who cares what you care about? Okay, I didn't say it like that, but I tried to remind them that they were in class to be challenged. They didn't buy it.

I shouldn't complain, though. I've had days when entire classes turned on me; this was just two bright but bitchy girls who think their enjoyment is a valid concern of mine. Heh. At least the 10 Spikes and the 11 Faiths know better than to expect me to care.

Other than that, I had a fairly smooth day. I wore my pink spiked sweater to work and received many, many compliments from teachers & students. My 11 Faiths were particularly enamoured with it; one student came up just to poke the spikes and another asked where to get one. It's kind of nice to have the best piece of apparel in the entire school. Not that I'm competing, you understand, just that Stacy's work is sublime and it's lovely to ride on its' glamour for one day.

My triumphant return home was thoroughly marred by my mother's continuing bad mood. She's been pissed off since yesterday - I think that she seriously over-estimated her own capacities. She wants to babysit Blake, work out three times a week, bake & craft with her church buddies, attend all her meetings, go on social lunches, do laundry, cook for the family and also work as a nurse on the weekends. Can we all whisper, "burn out"? I'm not exactly thrilled about my child being shuttled from playpen to playpen, but I'm counting on exhaustion to level her over-ambitious plans and bring her back to quality time with the Blake. My boy is spending far too much time entertaining himself these days.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 2/19/2005 04:52:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*