December 05, 2004
 
r n' r

Today was all about the regroup and recovery. We still had a lot of food left over, so today was also about a feast of yummy bits and pieces. By dinner time - and I can't believe that I'm saying this - I couldn't eat another turkey sandwich. So we made omelettes with the leftover veggies.

But although the food was wonderful, the most important aspect to our r n' r was Blake. We were pretty sure that he'd kicked out the last of the illness that made him feverish, but it was hard to tell yesterday what with all the heat & confusion of the party. And of course he didn't sleep well, but there were lots of reasons why he might've been shook up. So I decided late last night that today was to be all about Blake. Yesterday I had to give him up over and over so that other party guests could see the birthday boy, and every time he kicked and squalled and tried desperately to get back in my arms. I felt terrible.

Today was to be the remedy to all that. And it worked out pretty well. We slept late, went to church, came home, had lunch, and hung out for the afternoon. He's definitely recovered from the mystery illness - he was in a fantastic mood for most of the day. Still not eating many solids, but I'm sure we can revive the long mushy lunches this week.

It was nice to be able to spend the afternoon just hanging out with my wiggly, screechy, tireless, exploring, insatiable baby. I'm glad to have him back.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 12/05/2004 09:11:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*