November 26, 2004
 
metal & meyhem

I'm feeling kind of bleh today. This was supposed to be my "up and at them" day; the first day after the Boy's new job. I was supposed to get up with Blake at 5 or 6:30 or whenever he got up for the day. You can guess where this is all heading, can't you? The Boy, saint that he is, got up with Blake in the early morning while I slept in a sodden puddle of ick. (Not literally. Ew.) I think I'm coming down with a really mild head-cold – not enough to take a sick day were I teaching, but enough to make me sucky & pitiful. My mom is experiencing the same symptoms and thus is moderately sympathetic, although she was a little nonplussed when we compared notes and she discovered the new bit of metal sticking out of my skin.

(Oh yeah, I got the little nubbin in my ear pierced in Chicago. It was an impulse thing, one of the decorations I've wanted for years but somehow never find the time or money to actually get. So far this little tragus has been the best piercing ever: looks cool, doesn't hurt now but really hurt during the piercing, tucks away behind my hair to fly under the radar, and never catches on clothes. Hell, I can even sleep on that side of my face without any pain to speak of – whenever I had my outer cartilage pierced, I always spent 4-7 months sleeping with my arm under my head to protect the throbbing new hole. I love it!)


the new piercing, minutes after it was punched through my ear. swank, eh?

But oogy or not, I still had to catch up on laundry. I don't know why travelling to Chicago automatically triples the amount of laundry in the hamper; I just know that if I didn't start on it today, I'd lose control of my bedroom. I also took the opportunity to wash my sheets of various baby-related fluids and put on a new flannel set we purchased yesterday at Zel-Mart. (Yeah, I've started shopping at Zel-Mart again, as I have no money & thus have to choose between the soulless discounts at the megabox stores and the evil discounts of the company that kicked my ass into the street when I was a lowly temp. I may hate the people who run Zel-Mart, but I have to buy my third-world-exploitin' goods somewhere.)

Today's heapin' helpin' of Blake Miscellany:




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*