November 25, 2004
 
new jobs for consorts

The Boy started his new temp job today. To celebrate the beginning of a new era of paycheques, we went to the mall and I bought him a thermal lunchbag. Yup. It's all about the swank gifts at the Rockethome. I also 'made' lunch for him when he was rushing around by locating a frozen meatpie and chopping up a bunch of raw veggies for a snack. Tomorrow I'm going out to purchase bars, cookies, drinks, snacks, fruit, juices and other enticing eatables to take his mind off the fact that he's only making eleven dollars an hour. And that his shifts are 3:45 to midnight.

It makes me feel good to take care of him. It almost, but not quite, lifts me out of the November funk that's settled around my soul like a garlicky x-ray apron. (Heavy AND smelly.)

One ray of sunshine in my fall funk: Blake has been sleeping really well ever since we went on vacation. We'd fetched along the playpen as his road crib, but he did so well in the big bed that we mostly used the 'pen as a daylight holding cell. He still nurses in the night, but he's no longer nursing all! night! long! Not only will he allow the nipple to be taken out of his mouth, but he also snuggles up into my shoulder before falling asleep again. I love him!

This is a very welcome development, as the Boy's new job has ended my spell of long sleepy mornings. I need my sleep!

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 11/25/2004 09:20:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*