November 01, 2004
 
my normal jeans

Something wondrous happened today. I was dressing, talking to Blake, singing along to the stereo & trying to decide if I had anything decent to wear. An hour had passed before I realized that I had absent-mindedly put on a pair of jeans I have not been able to wear since well before I got pregnant. This is the first time that I haven't made a big emotional thing about trying on my pre-pregnancy clothes, and the first time that I haven't had to.

I'm not sure if I really want my old body back, but it is nice to be able to wear her clothes.

Today was a chore day, so in addition to all of the usual Blake miscellany, I did two loads of laundry and pureed a small bushel of organic pears. I didn't really enjoy myself; the time change is hitting us hard here at the RocketCave, and Blake is cranky, clingy & in need of a lot more time on my hip. Laundry isn't even fun anymore, as with the recent drop in temperatures I can't hang a load on the line and expect it to dry in a day. It's more likely to hang limply, dry unevenly, and require a final tumble in the dryer before the glamorous business of folding. And the pears were a nightmare: 14 small hard pulpy pears to be peeled, cored & steamed until tender. Blake was hating the blender today so I had to stop frequently and play with him until he calmed down. The pear pieces were hard & difficult to puree and every once in awhile the blades would sputter-catch-sputter and a spout of pear would land on my face. (Yes, I was hanging over the blender because I find the liquification process interesting & funny. Schloop! I don't even regret the many times I had to clean my glasses or the glob still in my hair.) Overall I think it would've been more time-efficient to puree larger, juicier pears rather than these little organic stones that left their grime deep under nailbeds I didn't know I had.

All in all it was a day that seemed to drag on and on with little tangible results. Tomorrow is singing with other babies day and exercise day. I'm sure it'll be better.

The Boy began his second NaNoWriMo novel today, making me a:

Or NaNoWriMo widow, more like. It's all karma; one day when Blake gets most of his sustenance from some place other than me, I hope to make his father a NaNoWriMo widower.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 11/01/2004 08:58:00 a.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*