September 07, 2004
 
mortali-teevee

Lest I continue the pretence that I'm ultrasuperwonderful, I'd like to add the following caveats to yesterday's list of power.

I’m still awfully proud of myself.

We recycled the Boy's old teevee today. It was a 13" he bought from a little wacky guy in a communist repair shop (this same guy also tried to get one of the Boy's roommates to go in on a helicopter purchase). Through 2 years of dating & 4 years of marriage, that's been our teevee, despite my dad's attempts to upgrade us to one of the models he keeps around the house for no good reason. Last week the colour went, so we upgraded. We also built a new shelf system & moved the stereo, vcr & dvd away from Blake-level, all of which made me feel a little less guilty for giving up on our little 13 incher.

That guilt returned in full force this afternoon when the recycling men instructed us to throw the teevee 10 feet down into a dumpster. I'm pretty sure it won't be picked up & lovingly restored from there. Sigh.



perhaps because he stayed in the car & did not see the teevee's final resting place, blake is not bowed down by grief.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 9/07/2004 10:50:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*