August 27, 2004
 
it's written all over my face

It's amazing how quickly we get used to things. Two weeks ago I was putting Blake to sleep 4 nights a week – bath, stories, songs, cuddling, nursing, bed. The Boy was at school, so I did it all. Now that he's home every night, I'm used to leaving the bath & stories to him & picking up at the cuddling & nursing. Tonight the Boy was in town rather late, and I swear I looked at Blake at 5:30 and said, "no routine tonight. Just bed." But then I came to my senses.

I'd forgotten that I could do it all. It's good to be reminded of that once in awhile.

I am totally exhausted. The last day of Bible school was just as tough as the first three, only today I got to take down decorations, replace furniture, and sort leftover materials. Also, today was the day that Blake became a superstar, and his celebrity made him so cranky that I had to actively discourage children from holding him. It's tiring when an endless flood of children & teenagers are looking for their turn with the baby; especially since at least one boy likes to offer him sugary sweets and another boy started kissing him and ended up simply licking my baby. So I can't let the masses at him without supervision unless I want a cranky, wired, sticky, crashing baby lobbed back at me.

There was a barbeque immediately after for leaders & such, but I had to go home for a few minutes to decompress. I thought wistfully of a drink, and knew that if I could call Preacher he'd understand that particular urge. Barring that, I danced around to "I Want the One I Can't Have" by the Smiths as I changed into my bathing suit.

In hindsight, I think my exhaustion was only heightened by my party diet of two hot dogs, one hamburger, two pops, an ice cream bar, a slice of watermelon & a lot of chips. I made a vegetarian dinner of lentils & rice to make up for all that crap, but I still don't feel well. Oh well. At least the next time I'm exhausted by a church activity I'll know better than to try to self-medicate with barbeque.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 8/27/2004 10:31:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*