September 28, 2004
 
dead cars still burn

The Purple Lassitude is ill. As a suburban mom, this fills me with horror. How will I get groceries or be on time to a gym class? How will I meet other moms & babies? I stayed indoors all day today and it really sucked. Best yet, our regular, family-owned garage is full-up for the next three weeks, so I'm looking at a long period of co-ordinating rides with my mother & brother.

Garrr I say. Gaaaarrrrr.

Perhaps because of my vehicular loss, I was rather self-indulgent today and spent a good deal of time fine-tuning this blog. I've always regarded it as a stopgap measure in between my manually coded journal and a sleek Movable Type creation, but I've sadly come to realize that the Boy will never learn the necessary coding for me. You'd think he'd be into it, but he'd rather record music into his laptop and make plans for his next NaNoWriMo project. Bah.

Anyway, I did a lot of fiddly coding today, and as a result of my inattention, the baby got into the beer.

All I have to say in my own defence is that the case was full of empties & it was the Boy's responsibility to clean it up weeks ago. I was trying to leave the responsibility with him and not finish it impatiently (unlike the laundry). And my reward for my patience was a tiny boozehound licking an empty bottle.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 9/28/2004 10:59:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*