August 22, 2004
 
bible school burnout

Slow day today, as Blake is suffering from some vague sickness that leaves him incredibly cranky & clingy. It was kind interesting, actually; Blake loves people, but unless he's hungry he hardly ever expresses much of a preference for me. Today he couldn't be pried out of my arms with a crowbar, or at least without provoking a storm of tears. I wonder if this is what it'll be like when separation anxiety kicks in.

That's it for me today. Tomorrow is the first day of Vacation Bible School, and I'm running the Bible Verse/Video station. I'm not just being sensible because I have an early day tomorrow, I'm utterly exhausted: I spent most of the day making up handouts to replace the necessary booklets that the church won't buy. I understand why they're not buying the booklets – there are a lot of product tie-ins for a program about Christian values! – but it still leaves me with big chunks of information to impart without any written backup. Hence, the handouts.

Fortunately, I've always been something of a Handout Queen. I love fonts & dings, and I don't consider it real work; thus I spend more time than I should on the average handout. Right now I'm hoping to get a lot of points with these babies – all the appropriate text is there, plus no copyrighted characters. Score!

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 8/22/2004 07:42:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*