January 28, 2004
 
sleepy mom

Today I barely got up. We didn't sleep very well last night (he didn't, so I didn't), and thus I had just enough energy to lay on the couch with him and nurse. Everytime my parents came home for a few minutes, they'd poke food in my face & I'd rally for an hour or so. Then – crash.

Despite my silence of late, this was an aberration. I'm beyond the point of wondering if it's a growth spurt or an illness or just part of his character. I have a thriving little boy who today was not satisfied with anything but the breast. At least now that the Boy's home, I can get a few hours off.

"I have given suck and know / How tender 'tis to love the babe that milks me..."

- Lady Macbeth

In related news, my local monthly La Leche League meeting was cancelled yesterday due to the storm. Crap. Now I have to wait until February to hook up with like-minded local moms. There's a baby n' me exercise class nearby, but they want the babe to be at least 2 months old. Again with the waiting. I'm hoping that I don't die of excitement when February finally rolls around.



Rocketbaby zooms!


He's starting to have conversations now, all big mouth vowel sounds from his end mixed in with big smiles or joy and little frowns of concentration as he watches our mouths. As far back as I can remember, certainly from a few days after he was born, he made a low-pitched "aohhhhh" sound after he sneezed like he was blessing himself. Now that sweet little "aohhhh" is his entire vocabulary – but he's making it work now, trying to fill it with as much meaning as he can. Mornings when he wakes up and wants to talk to me are rapidly becoming the best minutes of my life.



Big grinnin' babe.


Late, but worth seeing. There are more pictures of our Saturday in the city here.



Blake & his spiky Fairy Goth Mother


Finally, as of yesterday I fit into my pants again!



Yay!




Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*