January 14, 2004
 
money woes

Uhhhhh. I feel like chewed string. I tried co-sleeping again last night. There aren't enough h's in the world to express my dismay of how that worked out. I spent the entire night sleeping in 45-minute bursts, skin to skin with a boiling hot baby that fought dragons in his sleep. Meanwhile, Daddy slept fine (in the morning he told me that the lack of loud interruptions made his sleep uneasy. Boo hoo.) Today I zombied around, silently begging my tiny boy to sleep for more than an hour without being pressed against me. I'm starting to fantasize about sleeping without anyone touching me – imagine, a life where one could change position before one's joints & muscles started aching!

For a nine pound boy, he can be awfully weighty.

Last week I came to the conclusion that our bed is too small for the three of us. It's taken today to make me desperate to fix the problem. Fortunately, my parents impulsively bought a bed last week, so we get the old bed. All we need is a frame. Sigh. This month is turning into an expensive one, and it's all the more upsetting because each purchase is necessary. The car died on Friday = 300 dollars for a radiator. We don't have enough room for our clothes = 200+ dollars for wardrobes & dressers. I want to start going to baby & mommy fitness, but I don't know if I can spare 74 dollars for it – especially since I'm still paying for my other gym membership.

Bah. I know - small potatoes. Nobody ever lay on their deathbed and said, "I wish that I'd been better rested on January 14, 2003. Also, I wish that I hadn't bought that useless dresser. I much preferred to kick my clean clothes all around the floor!"

I got Blake's health card yesterday. Now I know what I'm doing on my 30th birthday........I'm renewing my son's health card!

Exciting.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 1/14/2004 08:25:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*