January 15, 2004
 
who's at the door?! who?! WHO??

Today was a very good day. My dad wasn't feeling well, so he spent most of the day parked in front of the satellite feed, fully dressed, dozing. That's his version of being home sick. The good part was that he loves holding Blake. LOVES IT. So after I nursed my Sprout (takes about 30-90 minutes these days, assuming that both of us stay awake), I was able to deposit my sleepy infant in Nono's arms for hours. I did a load of laundry, I read short stories, I made lunch, I showered & changed out of my pyjamas, and I changed every diaper (Dad doesn't do diapers. It's his one flaw.) Then my mom woke up and wanted her Blake time, so my dad & I were sent out for groceries. Fresh air! Cold fresh air, but it's all the more fresh for that.

We came home, I nursed the Baboo, and then the Boy came home! You wouldn't believe how relieved I am to see him come home every day. I'm like the worst kind of brainless mutt – I go into ecstasies when the door opens at 5 because right around 1 p.m. I stop believing that he'll ever come home.

After dinner we started writing birth announcements, and I'm starting to hope that they'll be out the door before the Sprout's first birthday. Squee!

It was such a good day that I don't really mind that I've only been out of the house twice this week: to my cousin's to get my new drastic mommy haircut (11 weeks is too long to wait!) and to the grocery store. The weekend is coming! And with it, the promise of socialization. I can't wait.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 1/15/2004 07:16:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*