November 11, 2005
 
wallow!

I started getting sick on Wednesday night, in the midst of a marking flurry. Midterm marks are due next week and I’ve only just started to post class marks for my kids, so I’m getting a lot of late work flooding in and screwing with my serenity. The whole family got sick this week, from Blake on up, so today I took the day off to wallow. It was pretty damn good for a sick day: spent the morning wallowing while Blake slept or my mom played with him, then I spent my afternoon running errands with my family. I’ve been feeling increasingly desperate over the past week because I can’t seem to get anything done. Meeting piles on meeting, marking grows with every day, and my classes are unusually well-behaved (except my 11 Willows, who were asses the entire week), prompting a marginal interest in preparing lessons in advance. At the same time, my deadlines are looming, my glasses are scratched and my hair badly needs cutting.

I figure that today was more about sanity than anything else.

Just for the record, my nose is running like a leaky faucet, my mouth and lips are dry as dust and my head does pound away in the background. It’s just that I feel less anxious today, and the ebbing of that anxiety makes the physical complaints seem less important. Besides, I figured out how to knit and read at the same time. Talk about your wallow--I’m in hog heaven.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 11/11/2005 09:27:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*