October 27, 2005
 
wash off the teacher smell

Yesterday I stayed home sick, sneezing and knitting in front of Angel re-runs. Today I ventured back to work with only 4 hours of sleep under my belt. Maybe it was the 4 cups of tea I drank in my pajamas. Or maybe it's the anxiety of Goneril-evaluation-9 Xanders-marking-monkey costume running a thick poison loop in my head. I hope I can sleep tonight. I was scared all last night that the Big Bad Anxiety is coming back. I don't want to drug myself beyond emotion. I don't want to be broken.

Tonight was parent interview night. I had 7 appointments: one hour of fun with breaks to devour Stephen King's On Writing. When I was done I could almost feel the wings burst from my back ("Like I was cutting teeth!" Nick Cave moans delightedly in the back of my head). It's totally and completely unfair that I have to teach tomorrow; the follow-up to parent interview night should be a spa day where I can wash off the teacher taste. Or at least provide the facilities to make my monkey.

- 0 comments/hedgehogs -

- Rocketbride's adventure of 10/27/2005 07:28:00 p.m.



Powered by Blogger

The contents of this site, unless otherwise noted, are copyright Rocketbride 1997-2009.
Don't make me send out the Blake. He doesn't listen to *anyone.*